Friday, May 8, 2009

Meet Taylor!!!!!

Meet baby Taylor.....


This is Zachary's biological brother who was born on May 1st. He came to us on May 5th and this was our first night at home with him! Isn't he just sweet! We have some pics of Zach when he was a newborn and they look like they could be twins! We didn't get Zach til he was 3 months old, so we didn't get to take our own pics. So glad the family that had him let us have a few copies! Anyhow, Taylor has joined our family and we are so excited that he and Zach are together!

Now we will await what can be a lengthy court process while we wait and see where things go. Please be praying with us for this process and that God's hand oversee all that happens and helps guide those powers that be that get to make all the legal decisions on his life! We are just thankful he is here and at home with us. I thought Zach was little when we got him......but goodness Taylor is tiny! He weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19 inches long. He has a doctor appointment next week so we shall see what he weighs then! He certainly isn't a very fast eater so he needs to work on that if he's going to catch up to Zach!

So here's some pics from our first night with our new little guy......

Zachy meets Taylor and gets to have a turn "holding" his baby brother. I love these pics! Zach was so calm and gentle. He just stared at him and would softly touch him. I'm sure that won't last long! :) He cried when his turn was done....so cute!






Daddy and his baby boys......




Mama and her baby boys......


We gave Taylor a MUCH needed bath. I don't think he had one since he was born. He still had that white furry stuff newborns have one them (I know, very technical with my terminology!). He was a bit smelly. Don't get me started on that cuz I get a bit worked up about it! Anyhow....he's clean now and smells GREAT! At least he is if you smell him right after his bath....the boy poops more than any baby I've ever met! :)


We got out Zach's old baby swing. It's his long lost favorite toy!!! Taylor doesn't get much of a chance to lay in it cuz Zach has reclaimed it as his!



The last thing we did before getting kids off to bed was do a size comparison. My goodness Zach's a GIANT!!!!! When did my baby get soooo big???? I've always thought Zach was small for his age and if you measure him out against other kids his age he's only in the 5th percentile. So he is small for a 19 month old. But ya put him next to Taylor and he's huge!!!! The outfit Taylor is wearing is one that Zach wore as a newborn and the family that first had him sent it with him. I love that we can have pics of both of them in this outfit!



So that's our new little guy! Things changed very quickly at our house and we are trying to establish our new routine. I am very thankful to work at an agency that is going to be flexible and allow me to work part-time for the next 6 weeks or so. Given the very short notice of Taylor's arrival I am thankful I get to have this opportunity. We are feeling the effects of having 2 children that do not sleep through the night! Due to the effects of his inutero drug exposure, Zach doesn't sleep through the night. We are praying this won't be the case for Taylor too! Please pray for Donnie and I as we try to balance the 2 of them during the night and try to get some sleep ourselves so we can function! Despite being tired, I just love my little boys so much! They are such a precious gift and I am thankful God has entrusted these little boys to us.

Off to "talk" Taylor into waking up to finish eating and then kiss him goodnight for hopefully a few hours anyway! :)

Can you even believe I'm the mother of 5 children ranging from 7 days to 21 years of age! I sure can't! But I sure do love it! Dannon

7 comments:

Audra said...

You great big turd! I can't believe you kept all this great news quiet!!! That is one beautiful little boy- congratulations Jones family!!! :)

Michelle's Musings said...

I know! I was one of the "honored" that not only knew, but saw him. Don brought your little guy down to the kitchen when he had him at SMM the on Wednesday. He is an absolute doll! And, I think, in the very best place he can be! You are very lucky to have him, but he is also very lucky to have you!!!!I just couldn't be happier for your family! Congratulations!
And, I also think it is wonderful that Zach is so caring with Taylor. He seems to have a very gentle spirit! You are great parents, and I am not just saying that so Emily can get extra credit~lol!

Monica said...

Oh wow, what a blessing. Those pics just brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful!!! So how much notice did you guys have? Talk about your lives turning upside-down overnight...but for such a wonderful reason. Baby Taylor is in our prayers, looking forward to keeping up with him via the blog! GOD BLESS!!!

amyflew said...

Aww how sweet, congratulations!!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

How sweet are those photos! I've said this before, but it's so cool that you have Taylor with Zachary. Looking at Taylor in his carseat, with those long, skinny legs reminds me of how Luke looked when we brought him home from the hospital. We're praying for all of you -- and we hope you're getting sleep :)

lollipops said...

Beautiful family!

Happy Mother's Day!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome!!! What a wonderful blessing!