Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas with the Jones'

We celebrated Christmas Eve with Donnie's family. Had a scrumptous meal that I forgot to take pictures of! Spent time hanging out and chit chatting. And of course there were the gifts!

Fun times opening gifts.....








The evening ended with a special gift for Donnie's parents. A generational picture quilt of our family! The top of the quilt was pics of Bob and Nancy as kids and of their wedding. Then pics of Donnie, his brother and sister as they were growing up. Then each of Donnie and his sibs had a row for their family. Then pics of all of us together at the bottom. It was a huge hit! Was a beautiful quilt I must say....of course it was cuz it had pics of us on it!




It was a wonderful evening, which ended with a tissue paper fight. I'm not sure how it really got started, but eventually it was like 8 against 2! Not fair odds if you ask me! The 8 did not include myself or Donnie.....we were the 2! However by the end it felt like he switched sides and was no longer guarding/protecting me as a husband should! :) I don't have photos of this event as I was under attack and couldn't photo graph being savagely pelted with tissue paper wads! Poor me.....

1 comment:

Michelle's Musings said...

Tissue paper fight, huh? That sounds like something my brothers and I would ambush my sister in... Maybe next year!