Friday, December 19, 2008

Zach's 1 year anniversary

Ok......I started this post on December 19th, which is the one year anniversary of when we got our Zachy boy! I spent lots of time looking for my fav picks to put on his one year post, then the holidays hit and we got very busy and now here it is 2 weeks later and I haven't posted our special post of Zach! Sooooo, I'm going to post what I had loaded 2 weekds ago and call it good so I can get on to blogging about our holidays! So here is what I started on December 19th......

One year ago today we got our little boy! Hard to believe a year has already gone by, yet feels like Zach has been a part of our lives forever! I will never forget the excitement and anticipation we had for the whole 24 hours we had to wait to get him. Donnie and I experienced the miscarriage of twins in September and we had been praying about what to do regarding our desire to have babies. On December 16th, I put a prayer request in at church that if adoption was to be the route Donnie and I were to take, then for God to open those doors. The VERY next day, I received an email from our foster care worker asking if we would be interested in taking a 3 month old baby boy with the intent to adopt. It blew me away (althougth I'm not sure why as I asked and I received!) that she emailed me about this as we had not told her to put us an adoption list.

So in the email she asked if we were interested and I of course said we were. Then I talked to Donnie who I think was a bit panicked! I got more info on him and she put our names in with several other families that were interested in him. It was so hard not to get excited while we waited! In the email, she had said it would be a week or so. Then the next morning I got a call from her....we had been chosen and they needed us to take him the next day!!! YIKES! Now remember we have teenagers...so we had not ONE single baby item!!! Thankfully my friend Sheri had an infant carseat we could use! We went and purchased all the basics and then got lots of hand-me-downs from Sheri, my sister and anybody else who had small boys running around that we knew! It was such a blessing as we only had 24 hours to get what most parents have 9 months to get ready!

So off we went on December 19th to pick up our boy....... here he is on our first night at home.....

He used to do this everytime we changed his clothes/diaper. Still does every once in a while. We were blessed with a laid-back baby who seemed to bond immediately! Something I was very concerned about.


The next day he went to work with me. I was very blessed in that I was able to take Zach to work with me 3 days a week for the first 3 months we had him. I am convinced this also helped with our bonding and attachment. Now I can't get him off my hip! :) Here we are at the office....

Sheri brought to work her baby carrier so that I could have use of my hands while still holding him. We had quite a time figuring the dang thing out and I never could've done it on my own. My co-worker Michelle photographed the entire process. I would love to post all the pics as the timeline is so funny, but for the sake of space I'll just post a few of them.....



What the heck......

Here's what Zach thinks of the process........I can read his mind through his tiny little eyes. I'm sure he's wondering who in the heck has been intrusted with his life.


Whew.....safe and sound in the baby carrier! Only took a small army of people to get the contraption on me and get Zach actually into the carrier! Poor kid probably had nightmares about that whole experience! :)


Back at home.....poor daddy is tuckered out and Zach hasn't even been with us a whole week yet!


Christmas came shortly after Zach's arrival. Here he is on Christmas morning......sweet boy isn't he!


Our first family photo with our newest addition! This was Christmas Eve last year....

LOVE that I have a snuggler.......could just eat him up! Soooo adorable.....

Getting big enough to start helping around the house. Thought I would start him out with laundry so that by the time he's on his own with his own wife he can help her out without shrinking or changing the color of anything! :)

First time sitting up.......love that expression! It's like he's shouting "hey look what I can do!"

Zach with some of his cousins.....the 3 girls (Tayia, Trista and Tiffany) belong to my brother Derek and the 2 boys (Dawson and Dylan) belong to my sister Michelle.



Zach at the office........how much work do think I actually got done? This was nearing the end of his time with me at the office as he was too disruptive eventually!

Zach LOVES water.....fun times in the sink!




Apparently a little too much fun........tuckered him completely out!


Fun at Great Wolf Lodge with Autumn, Treyton, Justin and cousin Sylvia.....


PUDDING!!!!!!!! Who doesn't love a good pudding cup????



Such a brave boy out there in the wild......ok or in the backyard! He can't stand for his knees to touch the grass or concrete so crawls on his hands and feet. My little brother crawled like that so I just had to capture Zach doing it to compare the two.



Ok.....so there's a good look at half of Zach's time with us! Thankfully, I started this blog not too long after this pic so the last part of the year you all have seen already! We are just so blessed with our boy and thankful for the year we have had with him. We have found out Zach's birth mom is pregnant and due possibly in April. Please pray for her and the health of the baby! Dannon

1 comment:

Monica said...

Soooo sweet! We are getting ready to celebrate miss Gemma's first birthday. Looking at the pics, isn't it amazing how tiny they were, and how much they've grown!!! Happy New Year to your fam.